The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Easter 2009

Granite School District had it right when they scheduled our extremely short spring break over Easter. Making the long 6 hour adventure home to Salmon, Idaho was worth the short spring break. Fabulous weather, great family time and of course...some work! : )

Decorating Easter Eggs, the annual scavenger hunt around the ranch, rolling eggs (a tradition brought back from England) and the newest, Egg Shmear!!!



















Egg Shmear, inspired by Cheaper by the Dozen, a dozen hard boiled eggs, a tennis racket and nice weather leads to the newest Stokes tradition!









Easter is not just about good food, Easter eggs and candy. It is a time to spend with family and to remember what Easter is all about. I was pleasantly surprised when I had to give a talk in one of the wards in my home town. What a great opportunity to speak on the Resurrection of our Savior on Easter and to reflect and think about Him. Without the Savior, all that we have and all that we know would not be possible.

4 comments:

Colette Campbell said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! You know, your folks should really start a photography business, or at least rent out times for photographers to use the ranch--they could make big bucks with that beautiful, picturesque background.

Amy said...

Can I just say thank you again for helping me out last weekend? You are incredible!! And I love the traditions with all your eggs! I might have to start that!! :) I love your family!

Marnie said...

I just love your family...you too of course! I can't wait to see you all over Fourth of July Weekend.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter!Is rolling eggs really a tradition from England?? I had know idea..