Our first leg of the trip.....Stonehenge. After a little bit of confusion with the car, and some crazy driving by yours truly, we made it to Stonehenge. I absolutely loved it. It must be the history geek in me but I thought it was fasinating.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
And the journey began....
June 16 began with an early morning and a rush to get things ready. With very little sleep, we were ready to go. England, here we come. We were all happy smiles and excitement. This is me and Kaylin in the Salt Lake airport waiting for our plane to Dallas.
Me and Mindy on the Skylink in Dallas. Our flight to Dallas was fine. I didn't want to sleep because I knew we had a LONG way to go!
We arrived in London after a long flight. I had a few hours of sleep but poor Kaylin and Mindy didn't sleep at all! So, some of us were going on 36 hours with out sleep. We finally figure out how to get to our hostel. We couldn't check in until 2:00 so we decided to go see something. England maps are a mess and there were were trying to find a museum. Finally, we found it but were just exhausted.
Buckingham Palace. Pretty cool but not all it's cracked up to be! The guards aren't even wearing the tall red hats! Sad day! : ( But, it was a beautiful building and the surrounding areas were also georgous.
Big Ben- probably my favorite part of London. I took about a million pictures of this!!! Ok, not really but I did snap quite a few. I loved Big Ben.
We rode the London Eye which was quite expensive but totally worth it. It is just a very slow ferris wheel but it shows you London from the sky in about a half hour. It was really fun and definitly worth it.
We took a cruise on the River Thames. It was fun to see a lot more on London. I liked London but was ready to get out and see more. Big cities are fun but it was good to get out and see more of England.

Our first leg of the trip.....Stonehenge. After a little bit of confusion with the car, and some crazy driving by yours truly, we made it to Stonehenge. I absolutely loved it. It must be the history geek in me but I thought it was fasinating.
Considering a lot of pictures were taken, I will be documenting over a period of time. So, stay tuned!!!! And hopefully it won't take me too long!
Our first leg of the trip.....Stonehenge. After a little bit of confusion with the car, and some crazy driving by yours truly, we made it to Stonehenge. I absolutely loved it. It must be the history geek in me but I thought it was fasinating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Can't wait to see more pic's from the trip!! See you later on in the week.
Cute pictures! I was wondering if you were back yet. I bet you had so much fun. I will have to call and hear all about it. BTW, I'm going to be in Utah in August. Hope you will be around:)
I love to see the pictures and go on a vacation to England via Carrie! Keep them coming. Thanks!
Post a Comment