The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sticking it to the "Mann"

Oh how I love the Isle of Man. I spent my last 6 months there as a missionary and loved it. I had a great time serving there and it is fun to come back and visit. All the kids are growing up and friends are still around. All those delicious tea appointments came back to my memory and all the great moments I had....

It was fun to see things and do things that I didn't see and do as a missionary. I ate kippers which are smoked fish. I am not big into really salty things and kippers are very salty. I had a few bites and was done

One of my favorite places on the Isle of Man. Peel Beach. It was so clear and the weather was great. You could see England and Scotland from here.
This is Peel Castle. I was huge. I was trying to imagine it with everything still up and going. It was incredible. I was never able to see this because of the time I was there. Nothing is open between the months of October and May. Well, some things but not the touristy things!

I love the Douglas Promenade! I love to just drive or walk along and look at the waves coming in, seeing the horse drawn wagons pulling tourists along and the sun shining (or the rain falling and the wind blowing!!)
This the is the highest point on the Isle of Man. It is over 2000 feet. In this picture you can see Ireland. You have to look close but I promise it is there!
Chips, cheese and gravy. A new favorite of mine. I continue to have fabulous England food even here in the US. A baked potato and tuna fish, beans on toast, cottage cheese with my salad!!! Mmmmmmm
Leanne, a young girl I taught and saw baptized, and her daugter Madyson. It was very fun to see Leanne but it also brought tears to my eyes. She is beautiful and she has two beautiful daughters but she needs to remember her worth and how important she is to our Heavenly Father. She has a great spirit about her, she just needs to remember! It was hard to see but I know through prayers and the love and support of good friends, she will get back to church and take her daughters with her. I had a good cry on the boat leaving the Isle of Man because I thought of my time as a misisonary and what it was like to see everyone again.


The Isle of Man will always have a special place in my heart. The people, the places, the food, the smells.....It is a very special place. It was hard to say good bye but I was ready to get on with the rest of our trip!

2 comments:

Rachel Chappell said...

Carrie! i found you! it looks like you had a great time in england!!!! ps you look hottt!

Rachel said...

How could you forget the slugs!! I remember in South Ribble there were slugs only at night time, but I swear I stepped on one EVERY single night! Glad you were able to go back to England too-wish I was there! ;)