The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stonehenge to Liverpool


Stonehenge....one more picture of this amazing place!! I really just loved it there and had to throw in one more picture

After some more driving, we went to Bath. I loved it! I have decided that I would love to Honeymoon in Bath. So, I either need to make more money or marry someone who can take me there!!! : ) It was gorgeous just driving though. It's one of those secret places up in the hills that of course a lot of people know about but it is just so beautiful. These pictures are great but still don't do it justice.


We did go on a tour of Bath but it was really boring. We could've done the comedy tour of Bath for a 5 pounds or the regular tour for free. Well, what you pay is what you get. We tried to skip out on our free tour and got caught!!! Who does that??? They actually caught us! We were trying to eat at this restaurant which was the oldest house in Bath. The food was not great but it was all about the experience. We went on a little bit more of our tour and then told him that we needed to leave. That is what we should have done in the first place. It was a funny experienceWe left Bath about 10 pm. We had about an hour and a half to two hour drive to our hotel in Birmingham. It was a nice place and it was nice to be in a room where I didn't have to wear my flip flops everywhere! I liked Birmingham and would've liked to see a little bit of it but we left pretty early in the morning to go to Warwick Castle. Warwick (pronounced Warick) Castle is the best medieval castle in England. It was so fun. We could've spent all day here!
Me and Mindy in the tunnel of fear. It was very short and just a small walking space but we had fun going through it and pretending that we were scared!!
Taking my turn at being an archer. It's been a long itme since I've shot a bow and arrow. Maybe since Mr. Toynbee's Hunter safety class in 8th grade!!!


After some time in Warwick, we headed up to Liverpool. Once we got there (it was a bit stressful) we finally went and got something to eat and then walked around the docks. It was a really neat to think that there were thousands of early saints there getting ready to come to America. They sold everything they had to go just so they could be with other members of the church. It was awesome. Of course, I had some mission memories there too as when I was serving in the Liverpool Stake in Warrington, we would come to Liverpool for Pdays.

We missed the Beatles Museum but we did get into the Beatles Store. It was fun! At least we got to see something Beatles. Mindy and I ran to check the car in while Melissa, Kaylin and Allyson went to the Caveman Pub which is the first Pub that the Beatles played in.

The last six months of my mission I served on a tiny island called the Isle of Man. I loved it there and had some really great experiences there. I was excited to go back but a little nervous. We loaded our car and then got on the "Mannanan" a fast ferry to the Isle of Man. This is how they had us park our car. The guy told us to pull up and we were sitting at this funny angle and the car was still going and I was just waiting. Then he came up and said, "Mam, this is where you are parking" It was hilarious.
The boat rides are always fun. It was a little rocky but we had some ice cream, played Clue in Manx (an old language of the Isle of Man) and slept a little. Well, maybe five minutes. I read a little but it was quick getting there.
We were so happy to finally land and be on the Isle of Man. The Promenade was as beautiful as ever and I couldn't wait to get off that boat and go see everything again!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Looks like you had fun, and the weather doesn't seem too bad..when I went back to England (2 years ago), before we went up to Buxton (the Peak District), I was a little nervous too-wonder why?! Who got to drive while there? Good times, and what fun memories you got to relive! :)