The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oh the changes that happen in our lives

Sometimes we just need a good change....Even if that requires a new bedroom!!! Yes, I bought a chair and spent hours figuring out my bedroom and now, I feel like a whole new woman!!! I love it and my room is so cozy!!! Just what I needed....
I traveled to Idaho last weekend for an awesome football game played by Josh, #42!!! If he could, he would play every position. He is the "yeller" for the kickoff!!! Also plays running back and linebacker. But, this game he played center. And he has also played quarterback and probably a receiver too!!! Josh is an awesome football player and as a big sister, I am so proud of him and how he conducts himself on and off the field. Congrats on a big win last week and last night!!! Good job Savages!!

Say hello to the newest missionary in the Stokes family....Sister Mary Stokes. Her mission call arrived and for Mary, ok for all of us, Josh's football game was the longest ever. I swear there were more penalites than ever! We were waiting until after Josh's game to open it. Right there in the South Fremont High Parking lot. The Stokes' like to open their mission calls in random places, especially parking lots! I also opened mine in the parking lot at the Idaho Falls Temple.

We waited and waited and finally, everyone was there. Becuase of the ridiculous Idaho weather and it being 35 degrees, we all crammed into our suburban and waited in anticipation. Sister Stokes will be serving in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission and leaves January 13!!!! I am so excited for Mary and she will be wonderful. And soon, we will also send out Elder Nathan Stokes! Crazy!!
What a fun few days to spend with the family. Soon, our family will be all over the place so it's fun to get together when we can!!!

5 comments:

Ari Anna Johnson said...

LOVE the room! And congrats to Mary! Tell your parents they have raised such a great bunch of kinds! I am so excited for her to go on a mission and then Nathan YIPEE!!!!!!!

Chelsea said...

I love your room as well! Congrats to Mary! At least she is used to cold weather:)

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

That is so exciting about her mission call!! You have such a great family!

The Fire Dawg Blog said...

Nice room. Looks like a fire station room. Comfy and cozy.
Congrates to your sis on her call. I hear there are a ton of lakes and the people are salt of the earth kind of folks.
Smiles
Keith

Renew Corporate Wellness said...

Carrie!!!! Where are you I miss your blogging come back!