The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, September 27, 2010

A few other things.....

First off, the first day of school traditional picture. Not quite the same when mom isn't here to take it. But, I did get my first day of school crepes thanks to the recipe from mom and a powdered sugar shaker for my birthday! Mmmmm, they were delicious and made for a great and not nervous, day of school.


Sara moved down here to do her student teaching and so it has been fun to see her a lot. One thing we did was go to a movie on the Capitol Building Lawn. The last movie of the summer and we watched Blindside. It was so fun. Sara brought her friend Derek and we had a picnic on the lawn and ate free (but kind of yucky) popcorn. It was fun and a great way to close out the summer.

And lastly (is that even proper English?) I made fudge for the first time in my life. It was pretty easy actually. Tyler loves fudge so I thought I would give it a shot. And see if it would work for Christmas gifts at work. We'll see. It was easy and it tasted pretty good. I am not a huge lover of fudge. I like it but just a little and every once in awhile. But, I have some ideas brewing in my head for some other flavors....
Melting the chocolate
Letting the chocolate get solid
Putting all this gooey yucky stuff on top of it and in the middle. Cut it in half and stack it on top of one another.
And here we have....FUDGE! Thanks roommies for eating it. I know I can always count on you to eat the experiments! Still haven't decided if it was worthy of Christmas gifts so you will just have to wait and see. And be surprised!

No comments: