The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September's Home Teaching Visit

Or lack of....I am not going to say a word about men not doing their home teaching. I am no pro at visiting teaching. But I have the funniest story about home teaching. It all started a few weeks ago...

I was at FHE with my roommate, Stefanie and a member of the EQ presidency made a quick announcement that every one should now have home teachers. So the next thing that happens makes so much sense in my head. Last Thursday I get this email saying something like this.

Home Teacher: "Hey, (So and so) and I are your home teachers. We would love to make you breakfast before dinner this Sunday. Let me know if that works for you.

My Response: Wow, that is nice! Sunday is great. What time?

Home Teacher: How does 9 sound?

My response: 9 is great. Where?

No response. The last correspondence was Saturday. Tyler and I went to Mary Poppins on Saturday night (which was amazing!!!) and got home late. But the next morning I wake up at 8:40am to get decent before the home teachers come. I begin watching the RS broadcast and I wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. They never came. I was frustrated and all ready to give them a piece of my mind.

On Monday, my roommates and I are talking about some guys they met at FHE that night and they were looking in the ward directory. I asked them to look up the names of my home teachers so I would know who they were and....they were NO WHERE to be found! They were home teachers from my old ward in Holladay! So, sorry guys! Not there any more but hopefully you fed the Valley View girls some breakfast!!!

No comments: