The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You gotta love High School




My one year and a little bit at Hunter High School, home of the Wolverines as been an adventure in itself. I am truly grateful for my job and those great administrators who hired me over the phone! As I walked into my own classroom, August of 2007 I stood there for at least ten minutes, not sure what I was doing. Now, a year and a half later, I still love my job and love it at Hunter High. What makes it so great has got to be the kids that I teach. They make me laugh every day and even though I say they will bring on my gray hairs, I love it.

Here are a few experiences I have had that makes me realize how funny and great my job is!

On Sunday, I went to a missionary farewell of a young man that I taught last year and it was a great experience. I was talking with his dad afterward and he said thanks for what a great influence I had on his son. It is moments like that, that makes it all worth it.

I gave a bonus question today on my quiz, "What is your favorite class and why?" Totally a freebie question. Well, a few responses....

"I like this class because I have a crush on the teacher!"

"Miss Stokes'. Duh!"

"This one. And, Miss Stokes can I please have your number because I promise I will only use it for emergencies"

Grading quizzes are definitely entertaining!

Sure, sometimes it is hard work but it is so rewarding!!!

3 comments:

Candise said...

How funny. I wonder what a high school student would consider an "emergency"? Maybe that can be a bonus question on your next quiz! Those kids are lucky to have you. Keep up the great work!

Amy said...

Well, of course they all have crushes on you... look at you! You're gorgeous! What's going on with you??? I want to know how your life is!! Call me when you have a chance so we can chat!! Miss you! Have a merry Christmas!

Rachel said...

You are such a great teacher-gotta love high school! :)