The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas in Idaho


Happy 2009! The last few weeks have been great spending it in cold, chilly Salmon, Idaho. It's always fun to get together with family and enjoy laughs, movies, food, games and great memories.

We have not acted out the Christmas story in quite some time and got a kick out of doing it this year. No- Emily is not pregnant!! Her and Seth played Mary and Joseph and she got a little feel and is not quite ready for it! We had a great laugh as we acted out the special story of the birth of our Savior. Though we laughed at our wild costumes and gifts, we felt very strongly the importance of the season and why we celebrate Christmas. Even through the ripping open of paper, there were still tears and lots of hugs. Emily and Seth receiving their own Nativity puzzle from Dad. Sara getting a spoon holder from Dad. Mom and her "yearly" calendar being used to show off all of her children! Cinnamon rolls and our box of cereal topped the morning off!!!

A Christmas snow is always coveted by many and we were lucky to have one this year! Though our snowmen were few and far between- and little- we had a great time playing in the snow. Sledding, building snowmen and snowball fights. Unfortunately, the snow did not last a long time. It became a regular cycle- nice big snow storm, forty degree weather, the image of grass, freezing wind. Repeat several times!




Thank goodness for Sharkey Hot Springs and the chance to warm up after a long cold day outside. Sometimes working, sometimes playing.



Christmas is a great time for family to get together. Grandpa Jolley was able to have a lot of his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren around him for the Holidays.


Another great year has come and gone. May this next year bring as many good and happy memories and many more blogging moments!

1 comment:

Colette Campbell said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I guess the snow is good for some things. Like twice a year, maybe. We're hoping to come up this summer. When there's no snow. :)
So, I totally thought I had added your blog to my google reader, and kept thinking, "I wonder why she hasn't posted anything since she started her blog." Finally today I checked and realized I hadn't added you, and you had posted several times. But I've fixed the problem and I can return to my lazy self, just checking google reader instead of bunches of individual blogs. :)