
My adventure began Saturday on my drive back to Salt Lake. My throat was feeling scratchy...no biggie. By that evening, it hurt so bad. Found the trusty flashlight.....sure enough. It wasn't looking good. So, my attempt to go to the doctor to get rid of what I thought was strep throat failed. My that afternoon, it was fine. Just a cold. So, I didn't go. Before I know it, Tuesday morning comes and I am voiceless!!!!
I attempt a 5am moan....nothing!!! Tried to scream in the shower. Nothing. Unfortunately, I lost my voice. And bad. I get to work and scramble to find something where I don't have to talk. Thanks to the Social Studies Department at Hunter High. My loss of voice turned out to be great. My kids were awesome but I did love some of the responses I got, hence the picture of Papa Smurf...
My classes are great and so honest. The girls are sympathetic, some laugh (and it's okay because I laugh too!) Then the winner....
Student: "Miss Stokes, you sound like a smurf"
class laughs
Me: "Thank you Student" (name will remain anonymous)
Student: "Well, actually you sound like Papa Smurf but I didn't want to make you feel bad!"
For the record, I am feeling better, still have no voice but now sound like a man rather than Papa Smurf!!!


5 comments:
I didn't know you have a blog until I saw the link on Chelsea's. I love blogs because they make me feel like I'm actually keeping in touch. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. Hopefully we'll see you girls soon!
Carrie! Found your blog off Amy's...hahaha! Yes, I blog stalked you. Anyhew, hope you don't mind me adding you to our list, it'll be fun to keep up with you this way! Love ya--Kabree
Oh, and I hope you feel better! Teacher + losing voice = No Bueno
Carrie! I found your blog through Ashley. You are so darling- even if you do sound like a smurf. :)
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I just love your family. I'm excited to see everyone this summer.
Hey Brian and I found your blog through Kabree and Davids! Sounds like you are still doing great at Hunter! It will be fun to hear what fun stories you get from teaching! Get well soon!
Post a Comment