The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

30 reasons I love teaching high school

  1. 2:10 pm
  2. High school football
  3. wild and crazy hallways
  4. "I love you Miss Stokes"
  5. Friday night basketball games
  6. "Miss Stokes, I am saving a dance for you"
  7. Suck ups
  8. UBSCT testing days= 55 minute class periods
  9. 2 weeks vacation for Christmas
  10. at least one day off per month
  11. "You sound like a smurf"
  12. chaperoning high school dances
  13. "You look beautiful"
  14. payday
  15. Huge classes
  16. The idea that we will very soon be getting technology : )
  17. SBOs
  18. "Miss Stokes, can I please have your number. I promise I will only use it in an emergency!"
  19. "This is my favorite class"
  20. "How many houses are there in Idaho? Two?"
  21. "Do you eat potatoes every day?"
  22. Late start days
  23. Renaissance Meetings
  24. Building Committee Meetings
  25. "Miss Stokes, you look like crap"
  26. Hall passes
  27. Tardy tickets
  28. Hall sweeps
  29. "What can I do to get my grade up? I know I never come but I really need to pass by tomorrow?"
  30. June, July and August!!!

I love my job. All of the quoted ones really have been said. Some, you are not quite sure how to respond and others you just smile and laugh. I never thought that being a teacher would be the hardest but the best thing I have ever done. It is so rewarding and in the end, when you see them on Graduation day, accepting that diploma, you know that you had some sort of influence in the life of a young person!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your positive attitude. I am glad that my students say things like yours. Just yesterday, one of my students pulled a hair clips off of my pants pocket and then proceeded to tell me that she wanted to cuteify me! The things they say!

Sterzers said...

haha I've heard some of the same stuff!! All my student teaching kids asked me if I drove a tractor to school and all sorts of questions about potatoes hahaha!

Rachel said...

How funny..I bet you are making a difference! oh and by the way, in May, when I get my diploma, all my professors will be glad that they've finally made a difference in my life! :) JK.