The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

And San Diego was never the same...

San Diego or bust!!! Me and my good friend Paige have been so excited for this trip since we found out we were coming. It was such a fun trip. Yes, there was a lot of playing (by far, more than any other school) but also a lot of learning. The reason for this trip was training for AVID, which stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination. It is a great program and I am so excited to be able to teach the 11th grade AVID class this year. So, a lot of learning and a lot of playing!

We had some of the best Mexican food in Old Town. It was delicious. I fell in love with fish tacos! So, here we are walking a long and I see this zoltar machine and freaked out!!! Immediately, I thought "BIG". So, of course I take a picture and then get my fortune told by the great and powerful Zoltar. It was freakishly very accurate! According to the Zoltar, I love a nice, big house and one day will have one of my own!!! Yea for one day having my own big house! Thanks Zoltar!
Sea World is pretty much my favorite place. It is way overpriced but getting to see Shamu twice, it was fine. And thanks to the Hotel guy for the discounted tickets! So me and three other HHS colleagues went to Sea World. One said is was like she had 3 children! I really felt like a child. It was very fun and we saw so much in the short time we were there!

Okay, so in the evening show, we sat in the soak zone! I was so ready to get soaked by Shamu....
Me and Paige pretending we got soaked by Shamu but really it was the Journey to Atlantis! I wish it would've been Shamu that got us wet but oh well. It makes for a good picture and story!
Pacific Beach. Five of us rented bikes and rode along the boardwalk. I loved it. We had such a great time. It is so beautiful there.
While waiting an hour and a half to eat in the best steak and seafood place in San Diego, we went and played in the water. And the sand.
The last day, we all got out of our meetings early. Being the history teacher that I am, I begged to go to the USS Midway. It was amazing! It was huge and if it wasn't so much money, I would have went inside. And, we didn't have a lot of time either. It was so cool
Probably one of the highlights of this trip was going to WICKED. It was amazing. Paige and I had the highest seats in the house. An usher actually asked if we brought our oxygen! It was funny. The play was amazing. I would fly to San Diego or New York or where ever to watch it again.

It was a great conference and a great trip in general and I am really looking forward to teaching the AVID class. I loved San Diego and loved getting to know better the people that I will be teaching with!

2 comments:

Rachel Chappell said...

I love San Diego also! It's really beautiful. And my husband and I went and saw "Wicked" in New York this past march. We were in the second row from the front and we got the tickets for only $26.50 each. It was amazing!!! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I really loved getting to know you better Carrie!!!!!