I never win. Anything. At my senior graduation party there was raffle. There were only 96 people in my graduating class and about 75 went to the party. Through out the night people were winning stuff. Cars, Tvs, gift certificates... Well, by the time the raffle was wrapping up I still had not been called. Finally they just gave me something. A ten dollar gift certificate to Arfmann's! The sad thing was, they gave it to me. My name didn't even get called. That was 11 years ago. And my luck has been like that ever since. Now, let's go back to yesterday...
I just received my magazines from the Provo Campus and was reading in the Junior Scholastic. There was a contest where the first five teachers to email them would win a free Special Edition DVD set of Planet Earth. I don't teach science or anything but Tyler and I have spent some good time watching it and I think it is so good. I thought, why not? I probably won't win anyway. I type the email address and all I sudden I hear that happy noise saying I have an email. I open it up and see. "Congratulations Carrie! You are one of our winners!" Finally my streak is broken. Maybe it's time to buy a lottery ticket!


No comments:
Post a Comment