The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The rest of our summer...


 When you talk about celebrating the Olympics, you think a little food and watching it every once in awhile. Oh no, Tyler and I celebrated the Olympics! Actually, I would almost say we were obsessed! It started off with our own Olympics complete with a torch, music, several events, a medal and a medal ceremony. Just FYI, Tyler kicked my trash in every event! The evening would not be complete without an English meal and English treats. And watching the Olympics of course. We watched the Olympics every day and it was so fun. I still am convinced I can be an Olympian but still not sure in what...

 This summer we had our first Stokes reunion. This is not the reunion with cousins, this was our very own! We are finally a big enough family we can have reunions. It was really fun. We went to Lava Hot Springs and camped and ate and swam all day. It was so much fun. And, it was Tyler and I's first camping trip together so we got to use our own little tent! It was great fun. We all have so much fun together and laugh and talk and eat and stay up late.
Here is some of our food! Of course we need food!

The Youngs...can't wait for baby #2!

Josh and Sara
Gramps, Mimi and Brooky! There is always entertainment when Brooky is around 


 We swam, ate, played games, watched a movie and ate some more. We played some minute to win it games which are always fun. Josh was able to stack the washers with a stick! Of course dad was coveting the washers!!!

Poor Nate has not had good luck with water this summer. He cut his foot in the river earlier and then after doing a dive in the pool, was swimming under the water back to where we were and smacked his not on the incline. It was pretty swollen for a few days.





 Before heading to Salmon, Tyler wanted to show me where his grandparents farm used to be and where they grew up. It was fun to see where his great grandparents were buried.
 While we were in Salmon for a few days, we took a drive up the river. Always fun!

We weren't able to get pictures at our reception with our quilts so here they are.
 Grammie worked so hard on this quilt and it's so beautiful!
 I was one of the few who did not get a blanket from Grandma Jolley before she passed away. But I remember when she made this quilt (the top) and I said this was the one I wanted. It reminded me so much of her. When we were going through her stuff after she passed away, I saw this one was still there. So of course, I snatched it. My mom had it finished and it is a wonderful reminder of my Grandma Jolley.
 And mom's tied quilts are famous! It is so warm and a perfect cuddly blanket! Thanks so much to the women in my life and all they have taught me.

Our next Summer trip to Salmon was for Mary's bridal shower. It was fun but I was a slacker and didn't take any pictures. We had a fun time and always love getting together! We were able to stay through Monday and work some cows. A Sunday evening at the Stokes' would not be complete without a game of bean bags. And do these two dominate!!! But, they do practice a lot!

We have had a great summer and will look back with great memories. The summer we were married and started our journey to forever. It has been wonderful and we have learned so much. Great times with family and we look forward to many many more of those. Even though summer is over!




No comments: