Where have the months gone! They have flown by! Well, here is a little glimpse of our life, through my phone! These pictures are in no way the correct order but I have an old computer and very little patience. So, they are staying in the exact same place. October has been a very fun month for our family. Actually, 2012 has been a pretty big year. Our family has grown by 3 people in the year 2012, our missionary came home (and in 2013 will be sending out one more)
Mason Richard Young (proud parents being Emily and Seth and a very proud big sister, Brooklyn) joined our family October 20, 2012. He is just precious though it was quite a chore to get him here! Emily called us at 1:45 am on the 19th. Tyler and I hurried and grabbed some clothes and drove to Salt Lake to be with Brooklyn. At 7:30 that morning they induced her and nothing was happening. All day she waited and waited and waited. Mom and Sara (Sara was home for fall break which ended up being only 2 days and poor dad was left all alone!) quickly hopped in the car and headed to Salt Lake. Eventually, 4 nurses later Emily had to have a C-section (took them all day to realize Mason was breech) and at 9:45 pm on Saturday, Mason was born. He is absolutely precious and we love him so much!
Next, it is Halloween! For the Halloween Party thrown by Tate and Amber, we were skeletons. I wasn't feeling very Halloweeny this year so we did a simple costume thanks to Martha Stewart! For work (yes, I got a job! An every day consistent job) I went as a pirate to go with the Peter Pan theme. And cute Brooky was a witch!
A week or so before Mason was born, Emily pulled a muscle and was pretty much on bed rest. Which is very difficult with toddler. So, it ended up being perfect timing for me. I was still subbing and had no jobs that week. So, I spent most of the week up in Salt Lake helping Emily. Brooky and I did a lot of playing and reading and watching "Tangled" but it was great to spend time with Em and help her.
I came home one of the days to this:
Tyler made his own menu for the week. Poor guy had nothing to eat. But, he did not starve and was able to find something to eat. I think he is pretty darn happy to have a wife! :)
Just an image of my clumsiness (or tiredness) I fell and skinned my knee while running a few weeks ago. Yes, It was embarrassing and the first thing I did (after I peeled myself off the sidewalk) was look around and make sure no one saw! Had a sweet bruise for awhile.
While we were watching Brooklyn and waiting patiently for Mason to be born we took Brooky to Wheeler Farm. She loved it and it was such a nice day.
More adventures of Em and her pulled muscle. There are only a few excuses to ride the electric carts at Wal-Mart!
There are so many more pictures to show but somehow they got deleted...dang old laptop. But it has been an eventful few months. Mary and Berik were married in September, Josh got his mission call to Xalapa Mexico and leaves January 30th. Now begins the holiday season and many more memories to be made. But for now, I leave you! My computer is annoying me and I'm hungry!


No comments:
Post a Comment