The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dear Grandma, I love you!

To my dear Grandma Jolley:

I miss your laugh and I miss your smile. I miss the dirt under your fingernails and your delicious chocolate chip cookies (that to date, no one has been able to master but I think Mom is getting super close). I miss you working in the garden and picking up sticks while we mow the lawn. I miss your beautiful flowers on your table and the sprinkler that was always on the flowers in the yard. I miss your hugs and I even miss your meatloaf! I miss our hot lunch while working cows and the buckets of beans that would miraculously be in the sink when I woke up. I miss your angel food cake and your strawberry shortcake. I miss your rolls and your pies, your roasts and potatoes. I miss the love that you showed and the great service that you gave. I miss you being there all the time and our chats on the phone.

I love you Grandma and I miss you so much!

Love, Carrie



3 years ago on June 12, my dear Grandma Jolley left this mortal existence. I have never done this before but felt it would be fitting this year. I cherish the last hour I had with Grandma before she was no longer able to talk to anyone due to a stroke. For some reason, this silly recipe for frosting was not working. I ran to Grandma and Grandpa's and ended up staying for almost an hour. I will forever cherish those moments with my dear Grandmother who is one of my heroes. She was a true disciple of Christ who lived the gospel through her actions. Always the first with dinner or a loaf of bread to someone who was in need. A lot of the time, she would even beat the Bishop there! She taught me so many things about how to be in this life and I am constantly looking to her example of how to be.

This past Memorial Day, I visited Grandma's grave for the first time since her funeral. Yes, it was extremely hard to be there and to know that in this life she would not see my wedding, my children be born, or see them grow up. But, how grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that when a two people are sealed in the temple, families can be together forever. I know that right now, she is busy as ever and also, taking care of my children. Maybe even telling them stories of me! I am so grateful for eternal families and that one day, I will see my dear Grandma Jolley again.

No comments: