
I admit that I was a little excited about this "Royal Wedding" I feel that that comes from the little bit of British I have in me! (Thanks to the prophet knowing I needed to go there on a mission!!) If I wasn't born American, I would have been okay to have been born British! :) I don't know what it is about this love story...maybe that Kate is just a normal person who is marrying a prince!
Anyway, I am not crazy and was going to get up at 3 am to watch it and with the wonders of technology, I didn't have too. All of a sudden I got this idea in my head to make....
CRUMPETS
So maybe they look a lot like silver dollar pancakes but they are not. They were tasty (despite the power going off for an hour and my first batch sitting in the pan. Waiting and waiting and waiting. After a run outside-in the snow- it was back on!)
Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try. What a great way to celebrate a snowy, cold day and a wedding!
Ingredients
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 30 g melted butter (a little more than 2 Tbsp)
Directions
- Mix everything, leaving butter for last.
- Grease a flat bottomed frying pan or griddle.
- Drop or pour small amounts of batter onto griddle.
- Turn and cook other side when bubbles break on surface of crumpet.
- Heat should be medium to get a deep, even golden colour.
- Serve warm with butter and jam sandwiched together.


1 comment:
I LOVED the Royal Wedding! But, I didn't wake up a 2a.m. to watch it, so I recorded it! :) I love you!!
Post a Comment