The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The week from......

No need to finish that! I am finally ready to talk about my horrible week. I think of that book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, and I can totally relate. Last week was an awful week and I am so glad for a day of contemplation and rest from everything. So, why the horrible week you ask? The Praxis test has again become a hurdle in my life. After countless hours of studying and preparation and 4 weeks of waiting, I saw that I again did not pass. I was shocked because of how great I felt about it. I knew for sure this was the time. But alas, it was not. I have just been a bum all week and didn't want to do anything. I showed all my classes a movie because I knew as soon as I started teaching I would burst into tears. But, I have some great friends who helped me through this week and a wonderful boyfriend to help everything make sense. He sent me beautiful flowers and a note reminding me of what is really important.

So, I have now made sense of everything and am fine. I haven't cried since Friday! That is pretty good! I know that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. I didn't want to at first but I can change my attitude and move forward. It's almost spring break which will be a great break away from school. I need it more than ever. And I know, everything will be just fine!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your test! :( That is such a bummer. On a brighter note I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!! I should know my plans soon.