The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Updates from Christmas

Quite late but here it is. Merry Christmas 2009. The last Christmas for 2 1/2 years that we will be together. It was a wonderful Christmas. We decided that for our family gifts, we would make them. We did that a long time ago and it was hard but so fun. I remember making my sister Emily a blanket for her doll. I was around the age of 9. So this year we did it again. It was great. The boys were quite crafty out in the shop making a baby cradle for the new addition in June- Em and Seth's baby! An organizer for our parents bathroom, wooden reindeer, nativity sets....it was such a fun morning. Grandpa Jolley came over and he shared with us some stories of our dear Grandma who passed away several years ago. There were laughs and tears as we enjoyed our last Christmas together for a while!
There were lots of good food, a little sledding, good movies, Sharkey hot springs. And, there was also a mission farewell. Mary gave her "going away" talk while I was home. She did wonderful! She is going to be a wonderful missionary and is so ready!

Our two missionaries, Elder Nathan Stokes (who just recieved his call to serve in the Philippines!) and Sister Mary Stokes who will be serving in the Minneapolis Minnesota Mission! I'm going to get sappy for a minute! I'm so proud of all my siblings! They are all so good and they make me want to be better!


So all in all!!! A wonderful ending to a wonderful year!

No comments: