Oh the business of April! Which I would like to say is why I have not blogged for a month. But I think because I spend time at work on the computer that I want nothing to do with it when I get home. But that attitude has got to change. Especially when people think I have died or something because there is nothing on my blog for a month. So, at least once a month is my goal!!! Ha ha! Ok, I will try for every other week! Life is so fun but it seems that I don't have time to blog it. But, for you few faithful followers of "Get Stoked" I will be better!
So April has been a crazy busy and fun month for the Stokes family. Extremely emotional at points but good. I spent almost a week at home in Idaho for Spring Break with the family. Eating lunchables and pudding in the hospital with Mom (her having snuck it all in her hospital gown for me and Em), watching girly movies and convincing Mom to slide down the roof to sneak out of the hospital!) It was a fun week. I was able to spend Easter with Tyler and his family in Blackfoot. I was so nervous but there was no need to be. He has an amazing family and they welcomed me with open arms! I even got an easter basket and was able to participate in the Annual Hansen Family Easter Egg hunt!
The very next weekend I made the trip back home for BYU-Idaho graduation where Sara and Emily became graduates after a long haul of school!! Good job sisters!! I am so proud of them. Though graduation was long, we had a fun time!

The next day after graduation, Nathan went through the temple! What a wonderful day. The last time we were in the temple together as a family was when Mary went through. It was such a fun day and amazing to see my little brother grow up. We missed Mary a lot this day but am happy she is in Minnesota working hard!!!


Oh how I love my brothers!!!!

Ok, this was emotional crazy day!!! Nathan went into the MTC on April 21st. They came down the night before and we all went to dinner and they met Tyler for the first time. Tyler and I were sitting there waiting for the family to come and it was not the first time when I almost starting crying! So, Tyler met the family and they were all themselves!!! We had a fun time at dinner and had some good laughs as Nate and Josh were stuffing cookies in their pockets at Chuck-A-Rama!
For some reason I had a really hard time letting Nathan go on his mission. I am so happy for him and he is going to be a wonderful missionary but just letting my little brother go to a foreign country is hard and thinking of all he will miss. But, he is going to be awesome!

I did bawl like a baby but I know that he will be wonderful in the Philippines! They will love him and he will do so much good! Good luck Elder Stokes! I love you and will see you in two years!!!
3 comments:
Ah!! I LOVE Ithe Stokes Family!!!
Thanks for the update! Sounds like a full month! Wow. I can't believe Nate's old enough to be on a mission. I mean I can, but I can't, you know? And Emily is all cute and pregnant! Is she due in June? I don't really remember. And I'm glad things are going well with you and Tyler. One of these days we'll make it up to your neck of the woods again.... Until then, tell everyone hi for us.
Sounds like you are busy as usual! I'm glad you are doing so well though. I love seeing all the pictures of your family. You guys are the cutest!!
Post a Comment