The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mothers Day weekend to remember

First off- a tribute to my mother on this, now day after, Mother's Day. Mom- you have always been there for me! No matter what time of day or how far away you are there. You have been there with awesome advice and a shoulder to cry on. I love you so much Mom. Thanks for everything!

Though I wasn't able to spend Mother's Day with my own mother (we did talk on the phone) I spent it with other great mothers! Tyler and I went to Blackfoot Saturday and Sunday and we had such a fun time. His mother and grandmother are so wonderful and always so good to me. So, thanks to all the other mothers I know and love!

As I think back on our weekend together in Blackfoot, I have many memories brought to mind. A few will be recorded as I laughed so hard I almost shot orange jello out my nose! The conversations went something like this....

There we were sitting around the dinner table and it was a pretty quiet moment then you hear from Grandpa, "Tyler, were you on your mission when the Teton Dam broke?" (remember the Teton Dam broke in 1976 and Tyler is 28....) No control at that point, we all lost it. I had two options with the jello...choke on it or have it shoot out my nose ( i know, disgusting but funny) and since I was still wanting to impress the Hansen family, I decided choking on it would be a much better thing to do. We laugh and cry for a good 5 minutes. Then Grandma says something about "being a fox" and that set us on even more! To top it off, the "in your face thing" (aka facebook) is how word spreads nowadays, even among families!

It was such a funny moment and I think Tyler and I still were laughing about it when we got back to Utah. But those are the moments we cherish. We cherish those moments and always get a good laugh and remember those good memories. So, thanks to the Hansen family for a wonderful weekend and fun filled memories!

No comments: