This week at Hunter High has been so funny. The kids are funny- it must be those 2 weeks they had off. They got their schedules for next semester the other day and of course they are all freaking out because they don't have teacher they want or they aren't with their friends or something. We are talking about it and I mention that I really don't like that they switch at semester. It's so hard because we don't have to be at a certain place in history so while I am about to start World War I in a week or so, some teachers are just finishing up immigration or the study of the West. Which means, so much review for those who had me. So I explained this and here is the rest of the conversation....
Student: What?? How can we be so far ahead?
Me: Well, I didn't do a review and all that stuff
Student: No, I mean I don't get it because you talk so much!
All 45 students laugh hysterically and then look at me to see if I am mad (which of course I am not but am laughing along with them)
Me, after I am done laughing: Me, talk too much? Never! Ok- yes I do!
Student: Wow- I am still in shock that we are so far ahead!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
At least you are talking about history! My students say I talk too much about Kyle Korver!!!
Wish I could have been there laughing too! :)
Post a Comment