The Gilberts

Hoping to Adopt
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mary is HOME!!!

After a long long wait, Mary is home!!!!! Mary has been serving the last 18 months in Minnesota and on Thursday she came home. She was supposed to fly in to Idaho Falls at 2:43 (to be exact!). We had everything planned. Awesome signs, everyone in their Minnesota shirts, Grammie and Papa were there as well as Tyler ready and waiting. Then, I get a call....a random number and I feel I should answer it. And it's Mary. She tells me that their plane from Minneapolis was an hour late and they missed their flight from Salt Lake to Idaho Falls by 5 minutes. The next 2 flights to IF were full and the one they could get on wasn't leaving until 8pm! So, they 3 missionaries and a friend rent a car and drive like mad to get to Idaho Falls.
It was so fun to see her and she looks great!

Here are a few things we did this week!

- mow the lawn
- move some pipe
- play with Brooklyn
-watch some movies
- play with Brooklyn again
- make some signs for Mary
- play with Brooklyn


We went to the Upper Place for a hot dog roast.



Brooklyn was a little shy around Mary but that didn't take too long. All Mary had to do was feed her some M&M's!


Of course I need to put a random picture. Mom and I got this outfit for Brooky for her birthday! She looked so cute!!!


So, welcome home Mary. We are so happy to have you home. We miss our other missionary but before we know it he will be home too!


No comments: